Saturday, February 13, 2010

Credit Cards


What a scam from the big bank man. Today I got a letter from my credit card company stating that as of April my card will be charged a $60 dollar fee for the privilege of carrying their plastic... because of the rising cost of business. I have no balance on the card and don't intend to have a balance. Didn't the American consumer/taxpayer just bail out these big boys??
Credit card companies are charging consumers in at least three ways that I am aware of; they charge interest on your account, they charge the a vendor a fee and they got into your pocket through the bailout, which is a big tax raise on the near horizon. Not to mention the large late payment fees they are hitting the consumer with. Delicious dessert...ice cream on the cake for the pigs and pirates of Wall Street and the Big Banking System.
As of Monday I will call and cancel my credit card which I have kept for emergencies. No card...no balance...no fee. And I urge everyone within the reading sight of my blog to do the same. We have very few modes of retaliating against big businesses and corporations other than checking out of the money system wherever possible... as famous Dave Ramsey says..."Cash is King." We should strive to become a "cardless society" as much as possible. I know it may not be feasible for many, but if enough people cut up their cards it sure would send a message.
Now then; the sky is gray and of course, more snow is in the weather pattern for the next few days. It is also cold and damp. I turned the heat up a couple notches. I noticed the people next door have acquired a kerosene heater. Renters have been in and out of that house for years and all have complained about the huge heating bills. A couple years ago I had insulation blown into the attic and it has helped me keep the gas bill down. I don't like paying $140-$150 for heat, but it sure beats the $400-$600 dollar gas bills others are choking on. Some are even paying more than that. Next spring I hope to button up my house even more.
Remember me when you wave the white flag of SURRENDER TO THE CORPORATE GOVERNMENT...OF AMERICA. I'll be sitting back wishing we had all done better.
END

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice fill someone in on and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.