Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Herbs





When I went to Lowe's about a week ago I bought these ready to plant herb kits. There are six different kinds of herbs in the two kits, three different packets of seeds in each kit and six little planters to plant in. Included are six grow disks for each kit. There is another plastic container under under the main kit that can be used as a green house . When I plant the seeds there should be 12 plant of six verities.
I have never tried growing herbs this way so I don't know how the will turn out. I need to put a shelf up in a sunny window and watch to see what happens. I will let you know.
Last year I planted potatoes in a bucket. I got a few potatoes, but not enough for the effort. This spring I will try something different-like planting in dirt.
I also planted tomatoes in the Topsy Turvy containers that are advertised and sold on TV. There were some tomatoes, but I would rather let Mother Nature work her wondrous ways-in dirt. Ain't nothing' better than good old fashioned rich soil unless it is a heaping' dose of cow manure. Fish emulsion is good, too. Stinky, but good.
The snow is going fast, but there may be more to come. The weather is predicted to be below normal next week. But we know that, don't we.
END

No comments: