Thursday, February 11, 2010

Food and books

I went out this afternoon. I had intended to go get some bread and eggs, but I saw that gas was down to $2.36 a gal. so I decided to "filler up" before the price goes up again...and it will. Me and half the city decided to it while we could. I suppose that the weather has kept everyone in and off the roads, keeping the demand for gas down and the oil companies need to make some money. You know, if they can sell gas at $2.36 they are still making a happy profit. When the warm winds come blowing across the plains and the sun smiles down on us poor peons, the price of gas will rise again.



Speaking of rising, despite all the snow, cold and bitter wind, guess what is peeping up from the white stuff. Tulips...they are about an inch high...much too early, but insistent to get going and bring on spring. I'm ready...come on tulips!



I enjoy Asian cooking and stop at the Chinese restaurant when ever I can. When I eat Asian food I seem to be more able to keep my weight down. I would eat out every time I could, but it would thin out my bank account rapidly which I don't need to do right now. But, I do try to eat out once a week if Mother Nature is agreeable.



I finished the book I was reading and thought it would make a rally good movie. It is different...unique. It's a smorgasbord of reality, fantasy, mystery, action and personal conflicts. It is somewhat prophetic and sad. Not too many baaaad words, worth reading; THE WINDUP GIRL. I did mention the book the other day, before I finished it.



This day is done. END



P. S. I still get a giggle when I see Mexicans working in a Chinese restaurant. People are free to work wherever they want for whoever they want; it just strikes my silly bone and make me giggle.

No comments: