Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Blogging isn't easy

Blogging isn't always easy. Sometimes you are inspired; most of the time...not. Thinking and posting every day except on Sundays requires a lot of perseverance and sometimes makes your brain smoke. A lot of bloggers have given up, fell by the "roadside," recycle old posts or have "guest" bloggers submit material or post for them. After a while it is like reading the same material or ideas over again and over. Remember the old adage, "There is nothing new under the sun?" There isn't a thought or idea that hasn't been thought of before or written about. It is hard to bring new, fresh ideas to a blogging page. Nope, blogging isn't always easy.

I FINALLY went to the store and got the things I forgot to get last week. When I left the house the humidity was bearable. When I came back the humidity and heat had ramped up a lot. It jumped from the mid 80's to the 90's in about an hour, as soon as the sun showed it's face. Perspiration was pouring of me like rain. I don't like to sweat. From the van to the front door was like a sauna. I got the food into the refrigerator quickly-as fast as I could, and settled in by the a/c. Ahhhh.

I replenished my "go bag" and found a few things to add to it, such as a can opener and fresh chocolate. The chocolate went into a sealed canister where it can't be violated by Mickey and Minnie...or unless I decide to indulge my sweet tooth. I will try not to.

Do YOU have a "go bag?" Have you considered preparing one? It maybe that you will never need it or use it, but you just don't know. I don't mean just an overnight or week-end bag. I am referring to a bag that you can rely on for tough times and give you some sense of security. In a bag like this you need extra medication and/or prescriptions, food and water. Think about Katrina. We older readers would be especially vulnerable and would be the first to lie down by the curb side. Or the first to be preyed upon. If you do have some preparations never tell what you have and where you have it unless it is someone you trust with your life's blood.

The one thing that I keep repeating and re-posting is that you need to stock up just as country people and farmers did 50 years ago. If the car won't go...you won' go...unless you have a horse or a bicycle. Even if you can get there from where you may be, shelves may be bare and empty. Don't look for Uncle Sammy to ride in on a big white horse and save the day. Uncle Sammy is just too big, bloated and on life support. Uncle Sammy will save himself first...so YOU save yourself first.

Tomorrow, Wednesday, I guess I will be staying in due to the heat and humidity and muddy garden. I may go to the Goodwill Store and see if they have any Goodwill...or bargains.


END

1 comment:

d.a. said...

I know my blogging has slacked!

I'm slowly making go "buckets" for leaving the house (wildfires are a danger in these parts), and need to get a go bag ready for the car as well. I go into the city about once a week, and would do well have to have supplies at hand - our place is a good 45 minutes drive away.