Monday, July 19, 2010

Mouse in the house

Mice like chocolate. How do I know? They got into my "Go Bag" and chewed through several packets of chocolate drink envelopes. I put out another sticky pad and so far all I am catching is spiders. I need another war plan for mice skirmishes. Me against the little invaders.

My "Go Bag" is a bag I keep on hand in case I have to vacate quickly due to weather or unforeseen circumstances. For instance, I don't live that far from the railroad tracks. Not that near either. Or consider the storms that brew up blackly and knock out power or even worse, a tornado might come whirling, twirling and tearing asunder. I first put together a "Go Bag" after the Blizzard of '77. I keep a smaller version of the bag in the van. Ya never know when you might need a clean pair of undies or dry socks!

Anyway, I was going through my bag to update it, add to or take away from it. and discovered that a mouse had eaten through and ruined the chocolate mix packets. I check the bag fairly often and it is a good thing I did before the mouse/mice do any more mischief. I now know what to use for bait on mouse traps. CHOCOLATE.

We finally have rain. Tons of it. I was out this afternoon and it came down in a mighty gush and the wind was blowing it sideways from different directions Fortunately I was inside. When the high winds quit and the rain settled down to a slow simmer, I drove home. A lot of streets were like little lakes so I took several side streets home and avoided the water.

A "friend" called me the other day and told me she had three dozen eggs given to her and she doesn't like farm eggs. Did I want them? So I said, "Sure," drove out to where she was and she gave me one dozen eggs. It wasn't worth the price of gas. I am sure she went and promised the other two dozen eggs to someone else after she called me and asked me if I wanted them. Well, so be it. I do not live by eggs alone. Perhaps someone else needed them worse than me. I just hated to waste the gas and drive through some hazardous road work to get there.

I still need to go to the store and get some things I forgot last week. I lost time on my little eggery road trip. I will know better next time, won't I?

Gas came down slightly-to $2.59 a gallon. I wish I had some of that oil that is floating around in the Gulf and had it converted into gas!

Keep your socks dry and your undies high!

END

No comments: