Monday, July 12, 2010

More boring stuff

Yesterday afternoon I went out shopping and passed a road side stand and bought two nifty baskets for $.50 cents apiece. They will make great garden baskets and the price was right! Yup,there is a small cobweb in the right corner. Don't look.


Here are the beets I canned. Even though I put in two new florescent light bulbs in the kitchen the lighting is still bad, but you get the picture.
I mowed the back and front yard today. The temperature was down, but the humidity was not. My cloths were soaked and sticking to me. I need to do the trimming, but it is supposed to rain and storm tonight and tomorrow; it will have to wait. The fence is covered with Morning Glory vines. On the other side of the yard the fence is covered with Virginia Creeper vines. The Virginia Creeper vines look a little bit like Poison Ivy, Hopefully both will disappear with a little friendly persuasion from the weed whacker. I forgot to get trim line again, so again it will have to wait. So, the yard work is only semi-done. If I lived out of town I wouldn't have to worry or care how the yard looks.
One thing about working hard; I forget about eating. I may have lost about seven lbs. that I am sure about. Seven more would please me. Oh, to be 115 lbs. again. When I was 115 lbs. I thought I was fat! Well, I am a long way from that now!
Not much more on my shriveled up wrinkled brain so I close to the tune of "THE OLD GRAY MARE AIN'T WHAT SHE USED TO BE!"
END


No comments: