Saturday, July 10, 2010

Resting Up

I tried to post a picture of the canned beets, but the kitchen was so dark it didn't "take." I will try again on Monday. I need to replace a couple fluorescent tubes. I didn't do any real work today. I went out to the garden and fiddled around a bit. Some of the tomato plants have small tomatoes on them. I need to tie them up better. There is a Roma tomato plant that came up on it's own that seems to be being doing well.

I am going to try making a batch of Red Wine from beet juice instead of pouring all the liquid down the drain. I found some recipes on line and I have more beets to process on Monday or Tuesday. I also read the beet juice is very good for high blood pressure-I didn't know that. I did know that originally beets were raised for livestock fodder. The cows were eating better than the farmers!

I would like to start a summer/fall garden soon, but I can't get the little wind-up Troy tiller to even buzz. I give another go in a few days.

I was so tired that I didn't cook supper. I just drove to Wendy's and got my supper and a salad for tomorrow.

Because I am tired I am off to bed "early." I didn't get into bed until after 1 A.M. and I intended to sleep late, but the body clock said "no." Anyway, I am of to nodding land.
END

No comments: