Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Doctor Day done

Doctor Day is out of the way. Got my prescriptions updated ready for refills. Now that is done I can get ready for business. Which is not much business.

I am about ready to get into some canning and do some stocking up. Wal-Mart has a "sale" on rotisserie chicken for $4.98 each. It is already cooked and ready to go into the freezer. That is about $.50 cents less than it was last week. I can't buy it much cheaper then that and I don't have to heat the whole house up cooking it.

Tomorrow I will go pick up some corn, beets and zucchini that was offered to me. Never pass up free food. The person that has offered it does not want to can it in this high heat and I can't say that I blame her. She didn't offer me tomatoes though...darn. Come winter time she may wish she had some of the produce she is giving away.

If I were to drive to Evansville I could get some sausage for $1.00 per package or 10 for $10.00 and the same for some lunch meats. I have to think about that because I need to get some other things done first.

We really need rain. My yard has turned brown. I don't need to mow it. Maybe we will get some on Friday.

I had this post all ready to send and 90% of it vanished. I did most of it over, but hate it when that happens. I retrieved the first paragraph for the draft file...but where did the rest go?

END

No comments: