Thursday, July 29, 2010

No El Nina-darn it


I'll be glad when this extreme weather takes an extreme dive into the southern equator where it belongs. I guess because we don't have an El Nina this year to steer the winds and rain, we are blessed with El Hoto. Or something of that nature.

I swear I'm gonna yank the phone right off the wall one of these days. I feel like I am living a daily Inquisition or a daily "Oh, Poor Me' episode. Please , god of all phones, spare me of the several calls per day of "Well, what are you doing?" I wonder if I can block a caller without the person being aware of it...sigh.

I went back to the store and this time I got some Rat Bait which is also kills mice. I didn't want to use it because dead mice have a tendency to get into walls and die and stink up the house. I have to do something as everything else I tried didn't work.

I still need to go out and get a few items. I wish I could do everything in one trip, save gas, and stay in where it is cool. Tomorrow is supposed to be hot, but with lower humidity...just for one day. Maybe I can get a little trimming done in the yard.

I bought dressing to stuff my chicken with. It is a box dressing, not like my mother used to make. I will add to it and tweak it a little bit. I will mix in a little rice and some stir fry vegetables. Not too much, but just enough. Then it will be pretty good. As my mother got older she also resorted to the box dressing, but she could make some really good stuffing from scratch.

Not a very active, interesting day. Maybe I'll see a waterspout tomorrow or something.


END


No comments: