Saturday, July 31, 2010

Crop Production?


I think it was "her." I think she was using her husband's work cell phone. She may have been trying to call me this afternoon and didn't get an answer. Caller ID, don't ch know. Actually, I was out of the house shopping, therefore not able to answer the phone...Duh.

I bought five new boxes of shelf stable milk and put them in the freezer. That gives me about eight qts. I know I will use some of the milk up, but it is nice to have on hand for cooking and doesn't take up space in the refrigerator. At $1.00 per box the price is better than a 1 qt. container at the regular grocery store. My really big purchase of the day was for a "flat" of peaches, which isn't all that much. I want to put peaches in the freezer, too. Right now, the peaches are in the front seat of the van. I will bring them in in the morning.
My arm is very stiff and hurts a wee bit; I don't know why because I didn't carry anything heavy. Maybe because the air is so hot and humid?

In the morning I hope to go and get several loaves of bread to stash in the freezer, also. I can get white bread at Wal Mart for $1.20, but I don't eat that gummy stuff that sticks to the roof of your mouth. If it weren't so blasted hot I would bake some "good" bread. I am glad I cooked that chicken yesterdays before the humidity shot up again. The coming week will not be a good week for cooking anything. I set the a/c down to 72 and may set it lower yet.
Beverly...do you have any good recipes for preserving peaches? Anyone?
End

No comments: