Friday, July 2, 2010

End times for mice and spiders

I'm still tired from my workout yesterday. I decided to take the day off and lay about in my little "recovery room" and sleep a little later. Not too late though. I guess you could call me lazy. I hope the good weather will last into Saturday and then I can finish my job in the garden.

I bought five more boxes of shelf stable milk. I seem to be using them up instead of stocking up on them. They are $1.00 a box at the Dollar Store. Not everything is a bargain there, but the milk is. Of course, the store was busy because all of "entitlement" people were shopping there, trying to save a dime.

I picked a few beans from the garden. There are not very many as most of the beans didn't come up.The ones that did come up are in all the wrong places, scratched about by the birds, I guess. Anyway, the few beans that did come up are real long and thin. I am not sure what they are, but they don't look like what I thought I had planted. I don't have many, just a couple plants came up, so I may save them for seed later, if I can still garden next year.

I have managed to lose about six pounds, maybe more. I am not sure because I just started to weigh myself a couple weeks ago. I could stand to lose about 20-25 lbs more. Anyway, my neck looks thinner-I think. Or maybe I am just fooling myself. As I have mentioned before, I have cut most sugar out of my food. I eat a cup of cereal at bedtime with milk, no sugar.

I just killed a spider crawling down the wall. It reminds me that the sticky traps have killed several spiders and one mouse. I hate the sticky traps for mice. It seems pretty inhumane for the mouse and I can't stand to watch them struggle. I don't have the moxie to kill them outright as they try to get loose so I take the card outside where I can't see it. I guess I will go back to setting traps because in most cases it is over with pretty quickly. I know I have to kill the mousy mice, but I guess I am not much of a critter killer.

Yesterday I turned off the A/C and most fans. I wish I could do that every day. I can take the cooler/cold weather better than the heat and humidity. It saves money, too.

Even though I slept late(9:30) I am yawning and my eyes are tired. I just got my bedtime eye gtts. $98.00 for the tiny little bottle and $75.00 for the other bottle last week. At least the bedtime bottle will last a while. I have not drug coverage. The agent didn't set it up for me. I guess he thought he was saving me money. That's life for us "entitlement" people.

END

No comments: