Thursday, July 1, 2010

Weeds Be Gone

I got back into the garden today. I pulled weeds like you wouldn't believe. 80% of the weeds are gone: that leaves at least 20% to pull, more or less. It is not a large garden, but it isn't a postage stamp size plot either. That means that 20% is still a ways to go. There is about three feet of super sized weeds to be pulled yet. However, when they are gone it will be sprucing up and maintaining the garden. I have to admit today's work took a lot out of me. I spent so many hours in a bent over, upside down position, that I became a little nauseated. I went back to my chair on the patio and rested for a bit and the nausea passed over. I guess standing on your head for so long a time makes your stomach and brain detach and go in separate ways. I left off around 6 PM and must say the garden looks a lot better. I hope to finish tomorrow.

Tomorrow-Friday-all the checks will be out, for certain. As it is the 4th of July week-end, it is bound to get nosy and wild. That is a good reason to stay home and work. I hope I am able to move. Right now I am feeling the effects of stoop labor. I may decide to sleep late and let the body right itself.

I forgot to put a couple tools away, but I am not going back out in the dark. Boo! It's dark out there!

If I weren't so tired I would write some more, but I am so tired that I will write no more-tonight.

END

No comments: