Tuesday, December 21, 2010





sYes, there really was a Saint Nickolas. He was a Greek Bishop in about the third century and many wondrous miracles were attributed in his name. He was called Saint Nickolas by the Dutch...or Sinterklass. There are many old, artistic depictions of the Saint, and no, he didn't look like a jolly old man with a rotund belly and a snow white beard. Its OK to enjoy the modern version as long as you remember that there was a real Saint Nickolas and what he perpetuated through the history of the celebration of Christ Mass; giving to and prayer for the poor, sick, and needy. You can find the story of Saint Nickolas by doing a simple search here on the Internet.
I went back to the library today and found some books to read. I also took a big bag of plastic bags in for their use. They and The Goodwill Store can always use more plastic bags and they are recycled and not in the landfill right away.
It looks the kids will have a "White Christmas." I have been invited out for Christmas, but I probably won't make it if we have what the weather man is predicting. I was thinking about going to an early Christmas Mass over at the Nursing home, but I will not fight with Mother Nature or Old Man Winter. Well, who knows, the weather guy isn't always right...we shall see.
*
TRULY YOU HAVE
FORMED MY INMOST BEING;
YOU KNIT ME
IN MY MOTHER'S WOMB.
I GIVE THANKS TO YOU
THAT I AM FEARFULLY,
WONDERFULLY MADE;
WONDERFUL ARE YOUR WORKS.
MY SOUL ALSO YOU KNEW
FULL WELL.
*
Psalm 138, vs. 13-14
*
END

No comments: