Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Changes

SOME OF THE BASICS TO KEEP IN YOUR CAR.
I have a kit in the van and another, larger "Go Bag" in the house."

I am trying to make a few changes in the blog page; hope you like them .
And I am not done yet!

This cracked me up!

I, like the rest of the country, have been trying to keep up with the 2010 blizzard that has brought a lot of the East Coast to a crawl and NY city to it's knees. It makes me wonder what would happen if there really were a terrorist attack of great magnitude. How would NY cope , let alone evacuate or care the millions of the city?

Everyone should have a least a blanket, a flash light, some food and water.
an extra pair of shoes and socks(or boots) a big plastic bag and or an extra
coat. The large plastic bag can have a hole cut in the top and worn over clothing to repel wind, rain or snow. Most of this will make sense...to most people, but who abides with good sense. These are basic items that don't take up all that much room. A friend of mine tells me I could live in my van, umm, but I wouldn't really want to. If I had to survive in it, I could or at least until rescue might be available.

Don't count on a blizzard bailout. The people who drive the plows, salt and sand trucks and, ambulances, fire trucks and police may be more "stuck" than you are. Depend on yourself and self preservation. Even better, when a blizzard is predicted well in advance...STAY THE HECK HOME unless you are an essential worker.
I am already trying to diet a little bit. I got some home made bean soup out of the freezer yesterday and finished it today. I got another container out this evening to thaw out overnight. Beans and or bean soup is a bowlful of protein and fiber. It will also rapidly rid your body of toxins and chemicals found in the intestines! So, with one bowl of bean soup late lunch, a chicken sandwich for supper and some oatmeal around 10-10:30 P.M., I hope I have a start on my lazy diet. I won't stick to this menu all the time, but it is a beginning. Wish me "weight free," not luck.
*
TRUTH SHALL SPRING
OUT OF THE EARTH,
AND JUSTICE
SHALL LOOK DOWN
FROM HEAVEN.
THE LORD HIMSELF
WILL GIVE HIS
BENEFITS.
*
Psalm 84, vs. 11-13
*
END




















1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like the new look you are working on. And your message about preparedness is a good one. Seems these days most people do not have the common sense to be prepared,,, not in their cars or their homes.