Thursday, December 2, 2010

Shopping again

I was lucky and got free containers at the Deli in the grocery store. I have the lids, too. They need to be cleaned out as they all had food in them. I'll be happy to do that as I have been wanting some saleable containers for a while. I can store my flour, cornmeal and sugar in them and they will be safe form mice or insects.
I also bought another large 24 package of bathroom tissue. The rolls are skimpy, but for less than $00.21 cents a roll it is still a fairly good buy at $4.98 and a filled stamp card. I got a two qt. bottle of milk for $1.68 and a stamp card, and tow cans of tomato juice for $00.98 cents and two more cards. I have a couple cards left so I may go back and get more milk to put into the freezer. This makes me a happy shopper.

I had intended to go to a couple more stores, but it was cold and I went to Shoney's for lunch instead. I love and had some hot chocolate. Whoever their cook is makes some really good meatloaf. I have had meatloaf "out" before, but most of the time it is of very little meat and lots of fillers and without merit.
Most of my "fresh air vents" are sealed with plastic and good old duct tape. Believe me, there are lots of "fresh air vents" in this old house. I am comfortable though. The kitchen is 70 degrees right now and when I am cooking it gets warmer, sometimes too warm. I cook more during cold weather, unless I am out.
The Senate did "pass" the bill that would make you a criminal if you grow your own garden for food for your own table. That way the government would own you, body and soul. They called it a food safety act. Somehow the Senate made some kind of procedural error and it didn't totally go through, but you can bet they will correct their "mistake" and run it through again. Do you relish becoming a garden variety criminal for raising an onion...your own food in your own backyard? I don't really know how such a law can be enforced unless they make a new "garden police force" and issue garden tickets like traffic tickets. Let me know how that grabs ya...a new source of income for local and state governments.
*
LOOK AT THE BIRDS:
THEY DO NOT PLANT SEED,
GATHER A HARVEST
AND PUT IT IN BARNS;
YET YOUR FATHER
IN HEAVEN
TAKES CARE OF THEM;
AREN'T YOU WORTH
MUCH MORE THAN BIRDS?
*
Mathew 6, 26
*
To anyone that may read this short blog; It would be nice to know that someone IS actually reading or showing any interest in it.
*
End
END

No comments: