Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Let me eat cake

There is nothing going on so I baked a cake. I was going to make icing for it, but don't seem to have any powdered sugar. Well, it is good without icing and I have already eaten two pieces. It is spice cake and I like spice cake! I was going to take a picture of it, but it is missing two pieces out of the corner. The cake rat got into it(me).


I woke up this morning thinking it was time to get up because it was "light out." I looked at the clock and it was only 5 AM! Light was reflecting from the snow cover giving the illusion of daytime. Needless to say, I snuggled deeper into my blankets and went back to sleep until 8 AM. The radio comes on at 8 AM and says it it is 7 degrees outside and that the low out at the airport was 2 degrees. It warmed up to 17 degrees today.


I want to go to the store and get more milk for $1.68 and a savers card. l want to get two half gallon jugs and put one jug into the freezer. I have two cards to use and then they are gone and I have to start saving all over again. I will probably get the powdered sugar while I am there.


We are supposed to have an ice storm starting tomorrow afternoon. Then it is supposed to turn to rain. Then who knows. I just know that Al Gore is probably hiding out somewhere where IT IS warm.


As I am on a yummy, good things to eat kick, I will add a recipe for your pleasure. Ti's the season,you know.



*

GOLDEN PEANUT BUTTER BARS
-

2 Cups unsifted flour
3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup(1 stick butter or margarine)
1 cup chopped peanuts
1 can sweetened Eagle Brand condensed milk
1/2 cup Peanut Butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
-
Preheat oven to 350. Combine flour, sugar and beaten egg. Cut in butter
until crumbly Stir in peanuts.m Reserving 2 cups of crumb mixture. Press remaining mixture in bottom f 13X9 inch baking pan. Bake 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Meanwhile, with mixer, beat unsweetened condensed milk with peanut butter and vanilla. Spread over prepared curb crust. Top with reserved crumb mixture.

Bake 25 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Cool. Cut into bars. Store covered at room temperature.
*

WE ALWAYS HOPE
AND IN ALL THINGS
TO BE...
IT IS BETTER TO HOPE
THAN TO DESPAIR...
WHEN WE RETURN
TO TRUST IN GOD
THERE WILL NO
LONGER BE
ROOM IN OUR SOULS
FOR FEAR
*
Goethe
*

THERE IS NONE LIKE YOU
AMONG THE GODS, O LORD,
AND THERE ARE
NO WORKS LIKE YOURS.
ALL THE NATIONS
YOU HAVE MADE
SHALL COME
AND WORSHIP YOU,
O LORD, AND GLORIFY
YOUR NAME.
FOR YOU ARE GREAT,
AND YOU DO
WONDROUS DEEDS;
YOUR ALONE ARE GOD.

*
Psalm 85 vs. 8,9,10
*
IN THE END
IT'S THE END

No comments: