Monday, December 6, 2010

I have been running around the house with my duct tape looking for any drafts to seal. Good old duct tape. It is cold outside with the temps down into the teens again. We had a dusting of snow this morning. It was too cold to melt off and windy as well. I went to get the mail and that is a far as I wanted to go; open the door and grab the mail and run right back in by the fire. Most of the week will be nippy, slippy and iffy, then warm a little for rain, snow or whatever.



Sunday I cooked a pork roast, carrots, celery, a big potato in a tomato juice, in the pressure cooker. I still have enough for a couple of days, but the spud is gone to tatter tummy heaven.

I got on line to look at the grocery ads. They are not too great this week. I can get 20 lbs. of potatoes for $4.98 a lb. and that comes out to about, or close to $00.41 cents a lb. Also, cake mixes are 2 for a dollar. I do want to get more potatoes, but I'm not in any hurry to brave the cold.



I got cloths washed and dried today and mostly folded and put away. I didn't get sheets done 'though. I'll get them done tomorrow. It isn't like I plan on going out in the cold tomorrow and I do have other sheets...don'ch know. That is about the sum total of Sunday and today.

*

THE PEOPLE WALKING
IN DARKNESS
HAVE SEEN A GREAT LIGHT;
ON THOSE LIVING
IN THE LAND OF DARKNESS,
A LIGHT HAS DAWNED.

*

Isiah 9:2

*

THE DIVINE NAME

*

"I AM WHO I AM"


The preferred meanings of the name Yahweh are: "He causes to be" or "He who manifests His existence by mighty acts on behalf of His People."

*

WHEN SKIES ARE GRAY

When dark storm clouds
obscure the sun
and hope is looking dim,
Place all your loving trust
in God
and ride the storm with him.
*
He will never forsake your trust,
He's with you all the time.
He'll light the way
to rainbowed skies
And hopes and dreams sublime.
*
by Catherine Jensson Irwin
*

END

No comments: