Wednesday, December 15, 2010

CHRISTMAS IS SOON UPON US
AND WILL SOON BE GONE.
I went out to get milk for $1.68 per half gallon. I bought two, one for the freezer. Without a saving stamp card the milk would have been $2.28 per half gallon. I also bought some cream cheese for 00.97 cents.


The icy rain has started. I can see it forming on the back door. I will be staying in.

The dog next door, which I thought was gone, came after me again. I started swinging my pocket book at him and chased him off..by a few feet and got into my van. This is the third time now and I will not put up with this anymore. I called the police and they sent the dog catcher out. They were not able to catch the dog. The last I saw of that dog, it was running down Sand Lane, faster than a Gray Hound. I hope it keeps on going.


I frosted my cake today. Right after I frosted it, less the two pieces the cake rat got into, the sugar rat got into it and it's missing another piece! Who knew there were cake rats and sugar rats within? Not me!!


Tomorrow I am going to try to gather up all my recipes and put them in some kind of order and into a folder or notebook. Right now, I have various bits and of paper(recipes)drifting in about in various places. So, if I want a recipe that is not already in a book I have to hunt 'til I find .the one I want. This a task that is long overdue. If I get it done I can reward myself with some "rat" cake.

*

FOUR THINGS ARE AMONG
THE SMALLEST ON EARTH;
YET THEY ARE
EXCEEDINGLY WISE:
ANTS-ARE A SPECIES
NOT VERY STRONG,
YET THEY STORE UP
THEIR FOOD IN SUMMER;
ROCK-BADGERS-
A SPECIES NOT MIGHTY,
YET THEY MAKE THEIR
HOMES IN THE CRAGS;
LOCUSTS-THEY HAVE
NO KING, YET THEY
MIGRATE ALL IN ARRAY;
LIZARDS-YOU CAN CATCH
THEM WITH YOUR HANDS,
YET THEY FIND THEIR WAY
INTO THE KING'S PALACES.

*

Proverbs 31, 24-28
*
"Glorious indeed is the world of God around us,
but more glorious is the world of God within us."
*
Henry Wadsworth
*
END

No comments: