Thursday, December 9, 2010

Nature

I wonder if Saint Nickolas will fit down the chimney when the time comes.


More Sacred Tau Symbols.


I've been out shopping and looking for bargains. I went to Sureway which is part of the Food Giant Grocery chain. Here is what I brought home.
Four loaves of Aunt Hattie's Bread at 85 cents a loaf.
Four boxes of cake mix at 5o cents a box.
Two containers of Cool Whip at 98 cents a container.
Three lbs. of yellow onions for $1.98-not on sale.
Twenty lbs. of Potatoes for $4.98-a pretty good price.

I cleaned out the last four loaves of the 85 cent bread. Everyone is looking for a bargain these days, including me. You have to get to the store fairly early to get the bread, so I was happy to get the last of the "cheap" bread. The bread went right into the freezer. I wanted the Cool Whip for pies and I ran out of onions the other day. I didn't get all that was on my list; I need to go to another store to finish up my bargain questing. I spent $14.98 today.

We are having a heat wave. The temperature went up to 34 F. today, it was and may hit 40 F. tomorrow. Even so, it was colder than I like it. It may rain tomorrow and Saturday and maybe snow on Sunday. Mother Nature at work.
A notation to Mother Nature. When I took the trash out for pick-up I spied a few green onions peeking up in the garden. I'm gonna get um if Mother Nature doesn't get um first.

*

NEVER LOOSE AN OPPORTUNITY IN SEEING
ANYTHING THAT IS BEAUTIFUL,
FOR BEAUTY IS GOD'S HANDWRITING-
A WAYSIDE SACRAMENT.
WELCOME IT IS IN EVERY FAIR FACE
IN EVERY FAIR SKY, IN EVERY FLOWER,
AND THANK GOD FOR IT
AS A CUP OF BLESSING.

*
by Ralph Waldo Emerson

*

MORE PRECIOUS THAN GOLD
IS HEALTH AND WELL-BEING,
CONTENTMENT OF SPIRIT,
THAN CORAL.
NO TREASURE GREATER
THAN A HEALTHY BODY;
NOT HAPPINESS, THAN
A JOYFUL HEART!

*

Sirach 30. 15-16

*

I can do anything
through Him
who gives me strength.

*

Philippians 4. 13
*
As anyone can see the feed burner widget doesn't work. I had it up once before and took it down because it wouldn't work then, either. I don't know why it wont count; it just wont.
"LIFE IS FULL OF ENDINGS, BUT FOR EVERY ENDING THERE IS A NEW BEGINNING." author unknown.
END




No comments: