Thursday, December 16, 2010

GUARDIAN ANGEL
"The angel of the Lord declared unto Mary
and she conceived of the ghost..."
We had abut an 1/8 of an inch of ice. We got off lucky, whereas others didn't.



I am keeping an eye on the cake. I set a trap for the cake rat and the sugar rat, but pieces keep disappearing.


The DND(dog next door) is back; it either found it's way home or they went out and found the mutt.


Sometimes my brain just taps out and goes into mental fatigue. I occasionally have writer's block and can't think of anything hasn't that hasn't been said before. There is an old adage, "There is nothing new under the sun."

I had planned a couple of projects for the day, but interruptions sent my day astray, so I finally gave up. I had gathered up all my wayward recipes and started punching holes in them so I could put them into a folder. Then the phone starts ringing. One call from my nephew I didn't mind, but when someone calls to tell me that they "are bored as h**l" and take up a good hour repeating the same stories that have been repeated a hundred times before, it causes brain drain. I lose my focus. So, I didn't get much done except run to the phone for worthless surveys, sales calls and hang-ups.
*
ON THE WAY OF WISDOM
I DIRECT YOU,
I LEAD YOU
ON STRAIGHT FORWARD
PATHS.
WHEN YOU WALK
YOUR STEP
WILL NOT BE IMPEDED,
AND SHOULD RUN
YOU WILL NOT STUMBLE.
*
Proverbs 5, 11-12
*
I have a very old children's prayer book. It was printed in 1862. It is in pretty bad shape with water damage, a couple missing pages and severe cover wear. I am thinking that I could salvage many of the small engravings/prints and frame them. I just don't know if that would be the wisest use of the old book.
END












No comments: