Wednesday, December 8, 2010

One Sacred Tua of many



A SACRED TAU

or symbol

*

"Tau (the breast) is the signs of signs, the sign of perfection. Its proper place is therefore the last leaf, representing the macrocosm and the microcosm, the whole creature."

EOS 431

*
"HEAVEN AND EARTH
WILL PASS AWAY
BUT MY WORDS
WILL NEVER
PASS AWAY"
*
Luke 21, 33
*

Today, for lunch, given that I was tired of Pork Roast and veggies, I decided to make SOS. Old soldiers know exactly what SOS refers to; now days it is referred to in a more delicate term...Chips on a Shingle...Lol's! It is even served in nursing homes, but known as Beef and gravy on toast. And they liked it occasionally. I am sure that old soldiers got sick of it and yearned for old fashioned home cooking.

Today I used some corn starch and about a cup and a half of meat, vegetable bits and pieces, and the tomato juice that I cooked the roast in, and made a surprising good gravy or sauce. Over two slices of toast; it was a very nice and flavorful divergent from the usual fair. I have enough left over to use over rice or potatoes or even pasta. I think I will cook a small amount of rice for supper and use the rest of the juices. Nothing wasted and taste good, too.

My oldest brother reminded me of 7 minute cake frosting that our Mother used to make. He sounds very wistful and yearning for the past and his younger days. He is 78 in March and I know he is homesick for New York state.

Anyway, I started looking up the 7 minute frosting recipes via computer and found that most of them used regular granulated sugar. I am pretty sure that she(mother) used powdered sugar and finally found one that seemed like the one she whipped up. I guess there are more, but I saved the one I did find and will try it out before...and if...I post it.

It didn't get down to 10 degrees overnight, but 14 was close enough, with another night just like it in store. Life in a freezer.

*
BE NOT HASTY
IN YOUR UTTERANCE
AND LET NOT
YOUR HEART
BE QUICK TO MAKE
A PROMISE
IN GOD'S PRESENCE.
FOR GOD IS IN HEAVEN
AND YOU ARE ON EARTH;
THEREFORE,
LET YOUR WORDS BE FEW.

*

ECCLESIASTES 5, vs.1-2
*
Joy is a net of love by which we catch souls.
*
by Mother Theresa
*
END


























No comments: