Friday, December 17, 2010

Something different: I didn't feel like getting my big roaster out just to cook a small Cornish Hen, so I cooked it in a big iron frying pan instead. I only used basic seasonings and draped several strips of bacon over the hen. I covered the pan with some aluminum foil and cooked it for about two hours. In the last half hour, I removed the foil so it could brown. It is still bubbling away here. The picture isn't that good, but the Cornish Hen is. I already ate the bacon. I didn't cook vegetables as I have plenty of left- overs in the refrigerator.


I like the old engravings and depictions of yesteryear.


Looks cold to me and I have cold feet.
Very little new or interesting going on. My front steps are iced over and I tossed a liberal amount of salt on them . And so time slowly moves forward. I wish I had a good book.
*
ASK NOW OF THE DAYS OF OLD,
BEFORE YOUR TIME,
EVER SINCE GOD CREATED
MAN UPON THE EARTH;
ASK FROM ONE END
OF THE SKY TO ANOTHER:
DID ANYTHING SO GREAT
EVER HAPPEN BEFORE?
WAS IT EVER HEARD OF?
*
Deuteronomy 4, vs. 32
*
END
P.S. Become a follower or a subscriber.
Make me feel wanted!

No comments: