Friday, August 13, 2010

101-100-tomorrow 99

It is supossed to be 99 Saturday and rain on Sundaectivey. Can we bank on that? Maybe the heat wave is about to expire and "normalize."

Today I had the air conditioner in the living room moved to a different window. I hope it will be more effective ther. The trouble is I can't see out the front window anymore. And you know how we old people are. We like to watch the neighbors. Now I can't. Maybe that's good.

So and So kept calling today. I finally answered the phone. I was trying to get some vacuuming done before tha man came to move the A/C. She says, "Are you paying him? We would have done it for free." No , they wouldn't.

I have mentioned several time that the A/C needed to be moved away from the freezer. Several times it was "We will do it." The same thing occured when I needed some minor plumbing done. I finally called a plumber and had it done in short order. I would have paid her husband Chuck, too, if he had done the job. I am tired of empty promises and pretenses of not knowing what needed to be done.

So...So and So called back again at 5:30. I didn't answer the phone. The air had been off since about 4 P. M. and the house was very hot. I ran out to Windy's and got a hamburger instead. I know that so and so was just calling to find out my business which is none of her business. The heat and the aggravation has made me cranky.

So and So called me four times yesterday in the space of an hour just to tell me it was raining where she was and ask if it was raining here. NO! It makes me feel guilty to think that I may be infringing on some one else's time and space. I need to be more aware of the calls I make.

My house is still warm. I don't know if it is because the A/C is not in a good place or if it is because all the cool air went out the door this afternoon.

By the way, continue to stock up. The economy is getting worse. Wal Mart is raising their prices by about 6% and prices are starting to become inflationary. I think it will become a whole lot worse before it becomes better.

END

No comments: