Monday, August 23, 2010

Vampires and Toads


TOADS AND VAMPIRES
(just for fun)
Twas a dark
and windy night
hadn't had a single bite
when down the road
came a HOPPY TOAD
in a happy kinda mode

I, with glee said
you'll please me
I'll eat before first light
with open jaws
of a vampire's maw
ready for first bite

Oh No, not me!
croaked HOPPY TOAD
others come from yon
FaceBook Peeps
and Internet creeps
to greatly feast upon

I let TOAD go and
do you know?
the night gave birth to light
No creeples came
Oh, what a shame
no dripping veins
before
I must take flight

the lesson learned
yes, you've heard
a TOAD in the road
will get your goad
and hop on
down the road

END

Just awful, but fun. So, is a toad in the road worth two in the bush? Creeples is a contraction of creeps and peoples. With poetry you can get away with all kinds of literary licence. Doesn't make it good poetry on my part, but fun in light of vampire mania.
Today I was tired. I didn't do much. Maybe it is the full moon(hee hee) or I didn't get enough sleep.
You can add to my awful poem if you want to and send it on.
THE END-Again

No comments: