Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Ring...Ring...

I stayed up late last night reading. I'm retired so I should be able to stay up late or even into the wee hours of the morning, if I want to. Because I stayed up to read I was sleepy today and I thought I would take a nap. Every time I started to drift off the telephone would ring. I didn't get up to run and answer the phone. I would try to nap again and just about doze off...and it would ring again. I finally gave up, got up and went out for supper, just to get away from the phone. What is wrong with society, that they think they have to have a phone or wireless gadget plugged into their r-ears What ever happened to good manners and consideration of ones time and space? I guess culture is changing swiftly and old fashioned values are a rare coinage in a paper America. Paper money and paper people. We have been "papered over." Emily Post, eat your paper heart out because America isn't what it used to be. Crude, rude and screwed.

The batteries in my camera need to be re-charged. No pictures, although I tried to shoot some. I got a package of yeast in the mail today and I was trying to get a picture of it.

It was really a nice day today; hot , but pretty. In a way I am glad that I was driven out of my own home. I have a tendency to be a hermit and I like it that way. I think I said that before. However, it is good to get out and about and watch the world go by.

I am only about 500 pages into the book I am reading. It is not a book you can skim through. You need to digest every word and then relate it to the world we live in. It is a novel about people being lazy, corrupt and living off the work of others. Very timely or timeless.

Not much going on unless you have a "phone pal." Jeez or Gees, which ever spelling you like.

END

No comments: