Sunday, August 8, 2010

Why I like Wal Mart

I don't go to Wal Mart frequently. I may go once or twice a month, and sometimes not even that often. I like to go when I have plenty of time to cruise though the store hunting for bargains. When I find what I consider a good deal, what I need or what I want, I make a beeline to the sub shop. There, I can rest and watch America indulge, and say, "No wonder so many people in this country obese. We are not a fat and happy nation; we are just obese.



One man with a cart had many cases of soft drinks. Yeah, sugar! Mostly people were buying pre-packaged meal. I do buy some meals in box form because they have a certain convenience to them. I imagine they are a God Send to many working mothers and for the elderly or disabled. But if you check the labels for ingredients you won't be all that happy with what you find. Lots of starches, fats and chemicals all combined to make it all "so good." I won't go into lots of detail because I know you can read. Do your home work and don't say the dog ate it.



Today I found some Artisan baked bread. I usually don't buy this kind of bread because it is expensive. For a dollar for one loaf and 90 cents for the other, I couldn't resist. Into the freezer for one loaf and the other I will keep out for meals.



Another educational observation was of big, heavy women riding around on the scooters that are meant for the handicapped or disabled. I know I shouldn't be judgemental, but I can't help thinking that walking or cruising the store just might be good for what ails them. I know. You can't tell what ails anyone or judge a book by its cover, by what is visible to the eye or by what seems apparent, but a lot of people are just too heavy. That includes me; at least I know it and admit it. Oh, to get rid of 20 pounds or more. Another observation; men seldom ride the scooters. I have seen men so old and feeble that they can hardly get about the store, but they are walking. Makes me feel bad for them.

Today I went to the dentist to have my teeth cleaned. He has a new computer camera to take pictures of ones teeth. Of course, they found two new cavities with an abscess in the root of one. What else is new? At least one more root canal starting next week and at least one filling. And I thought I was starting to see light at the end of the money tunnel. Nope. Not gonna happen.

Don't wonder about how hot it was today. I don't know because I didn't watch the weather. I know it will be hotter tomorrow on Tuesday and I am staying inside. This has been a long, hot, dry summer. Blame it on Bush? Obama will...LOL!

No good sales to be had this week. Another good reason not to go out in the heat. Four letter words; snow, heat, rain, darn, darn and darn. I'll be glad when the summer is over.

End

No comments: