Monday, August 30, 2010

Cleaning out the garden

WEEDS BE GONE!
Well, I got myself moving today. I am still cleaning out the garden. I have a long way to go. I don't want to damage the tomato plants, the only melon that is growing or the pepper plants. Working around what I want to keep does take time. I guarantee that I will never plant Mole Beans or Crowder Peas in a garden again. Although you can eat Crowder Peas, they will run wild and take over your whole garden, choking off every thing else. They belong out in a corn field somewhere. The Mole Beans will grow seven feet tall and shade out the rest of the plants. The combination of the two plants ruined my garden this past summer. With the two noxious "weeds" and a summer drought, this is the worst garden I have ever put out.
Tomorrow, Tuesday, I go back to the dentist. I don't relish the thought because the last time I went my face puffed up and it hurt. Wa! I have a big mouth(yak yak), but a small jaw line. "Open wide! Wider!" I can't get it any wider! I have lost count of how many root canals that have been down. I did get soup out of the freezer just in case I can't eat very well.
No rain in sight. It is every where, but here. There were clouds in the sky that looked like rain coming, but it must have taken a detour. The clouds did keep the temperature down a bit, in the upper 80's. It wasn't too hot for working out in the yard and I got most of the corn stalks disposed of. I am making slow progress.
END

No comments: