Saturday, August 7, 2010

mowing

This, being a decent day, inspired me to get out and mow the back yard. It smells so good, like newly cut hay. I did some trimming. It was really in dire need of some sweat equity. The weeds are growing in from the other side of the fence. I will have to use the pruner for some of it because little tree are creeping in from the other side of the fence along with the weeds. I used the weed whacker for a lot of it, and I am not finished yet. Only once in all the time that I have lived here has Doris rented out to someone that actually took care of that yard.

Tomorrow I need to pick off some Roma Tomatoes. The tomatoes that I planted for cooking-eating-canning, have not done well at all. There are a few green tomatoes coming on, but they are small, and it is already August. I may have to buy some if I want to can them. I love home made tomato juice, and I don't have much left.

Today I either lost or misplaced my debt card when I went for gas for the mower. I called the bank post haste and put that card out of commission. I will get a new card in about 10 days. In the meantime I will rely on that old fashioned check book, It takes a little longer to write out a check, but it will work just the same. I am sure Wal-Mart will be happy to have it.

I'm trying to be more careful with my punctuation, spelling, sentence structure and general composing. It would be nice if we had a return to good English that was readable. I can barely comprehend some of the comments or postings on Face Book. I hope that what I write is readable and makes sense. You know what they say; You teach or lead by example. As no one really reads my blog I will do very little teaching by example. So, I will do it for my own satisfaction and desire to do better. I do have a love affair with commas. I just love commas. I stick them everywhere,,,,see? I also like hyphens. They help separate words that can be ambiguous-LOL. I will have to get some of my old books out and re-teach myself.

END

No comments: