Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Tired but busy

I have been outside working, trying to make up for my lazy day of yesterday. I mowed the back yard. I didn't have to, but it was looking ratty and going to seed. Now it looks better even if it is brown and dry. I started pruning the grape vines. The birds have gotten into the grapes and eaten a lot of them. I also trimmed some of the fence line and bagged a lot of clippings. Next I started cleaning out the garden by cutting out the corn stalks. I haven't bagged the stalks yet. I still have a lot of trimming to do along the fence. This is a good week to get some catching up done in the yard as it is a little cooler and there has been a breeze.

I came in and set down on the couch and started to slumber because I was tired. The phone rang and jerked me upright and out of my very short doze. I didn't intend to drift off, but if I did...the phone would have put an end to that...as it has done before. I just can not win and some people do not use common sense. Or some people have too much time on their hands.

I see one melon growing in the garden. There are lots of blossoms on the vine that the rabbit missed, but the season grows late. I will be lucky to get that one melon. The average frost here is around mid-October which means that I have just about a month and a half to grow that melon. Right now it is about as large as big rubber ball and very green.

As I have noted before, leaves are falling. The leaves that are coming down are very dry and brittle from lack of rain. I would like to burn some stuff in my smoker, but don't dare to because of the dryness. We need rain.

I don''t know if I will try to garden next year. Maybe I will plant some tomatoes and lettuce. This year has not been productive in my back yard.

Gas is $2.48 a gallon. No one is buying gas-the demand is down. The stock market is way down, too. However, at the stores, groceries continue to increase in price. Inflation is upon us. The government is working on a law to nationalize private pensions so they can rob Americans big time. I read in THE COMING DEPRESSION that middle class wealth has been just about wiped out. There are two classes now: The wealthy and the poor. I wonder why Glenn Beck is not commenting on some of this. By the way, Glenn Beck is not poor by any means.

Stock up, save your pennies, nickles and dimes and insulate your house well. It may cost an arm and a leg to heat your houses this winter.

END

No comments: