Friday, August 6, 2010

Bacon


The today I went to E'ville to shop some good sales that I had planned on going to all week long. I got some good deals in the way of buying groceries and stocking up. Imagine my surprise when I found bacon on sale for...99 cents per packages! When was the last time you saw bacon at that price? It wasn't even advertised. We just happened to be in the right store at the right time. I bought five packages, but my friend Debbie bought 16. She has kids and grand kids, so that was a good deal for her, too.

Fresh mushrooms were a dollar a tray. Turkey Cheese Franks were a buck per package. Frozen Chopped Spinach was 99 cents. Sliced Bologna and sliced Salomi lunch meat was $1.00 a pack so I got five of each. Also, I bought frozen Vegetable Steamers bags to go into the freezer along with the other goodies. In another store I found regular hot dogs for .77 cents. I spent about $35.00, but was prepared to buy more, but it was hot and I wanted to get home and put the food in the freezer.


The phone was ringing before I left home this morning. The phone was ringing after I got home in the late afternoon/early evening. I didn't answer it. Not because I am of mean intent, but I just didn't have the time to listen. I imagine the phone rang while I was gone. and will ring again tomorrow. I intend to be busy getting yard work done...can't answer the phone.


I forgot to mention that we went to the Chinese restaurant before we went shopping. Yes, it was good.
It is supposed to be a decent day for Saturday; hot, but lower humidity. It is supposed to ramp up again into the triple digits next week-very hot-no rain-high humidity again...darn, darn, darn.
END

No comments: