Saturday, November 13, 2010

Blame the rain

I hope you can read the little poem in the box above. Click it to make it larger.

I didn't go shopping. When I got up this morning it was raining. It was supposed to be warm and semi-sunny. It has been raining and dreary all day. The weather man called for rain in the P. M. When is he ever right. ALL the weather forecasters were off...and wrong by several hours.

I couldn't find my thrifty saver's stamps/cards. Because I couldn't find them I missed several good grocery deals. So, it made no difference that I didn't go shopping. Like my antique book, maybe they will turn up and I can get to use them later. Like the book, I have searched everywhere. I have been shredding a lot of stuff; I hope I didn't toss them out, too. Maybe I have early dementia...LOL!

As I didn't go out I have been watching a video and reading. I also cooked up a pretty good meal in the pressure cooker. I cooked another pork roast along with the regular accompanying vegetables. The pork roast kind of shrunk in size, was slightly tough, but had good flavor. I have lots of veggies for a few other meals, but the roast won't last long because of the shrinkage. That's OK; I eat too much meat, anyway. As was said, " Man does not live by bread alone." I am a real carnivore, as I have said before.
*
ALL WISDOM COMES
FROM THE LORD
AND WITH HIM
IT REMAINS FOREVER.
THE SANDS OF THE SEASHORE
THE DROPS OF RAIN,
THE DAYS OF ETERNITY:
WHO CAN NUMBER THESES?
*
Sirach vs. 1-2
*
THE HOUR OF VESPERS
The hour of Vespers is in late afternoon or evening, the six of the canonical hours, a religious service of thanksgiving and a reflection of the Last Supper.

No comments: