Wednesday, November 24, 2010

NOTHING FANCY HERE
JUST TASTES GOOD
OYSTER DRESSING
CHOCOLATE COOKIES
DEVILED EGGS
BARBECUED LITTLE SMOKEY LINKS

Nothing is in fancy dishes because I don't want to drag stuff back home with me. I do want to retrieve my glass Pyrex bowl and the big plastic mixing dish that the Smokey Links are in. The deviled eggs are in an empty egg carton that can be disposed of and so can the one aluminum dish. I have used the aluminum pan several times now and now it can get tossed out because it is worn out.

COOKIES: The cookies were made from a boxed cake mix. They are really good. Use one box of cake mix, two eggs, 1/4 cup of oil, and 1/4 cup of water. Mix well and spoon drop on greased cookie sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes at 325 degrees. You need to watch your time as they can burn pretty fast. I used a bigger boxed cake mix so I needed to add a little bit more oil and water to the mix.

DEVILED EGGS: I used Buttermilk Dressing instead of a salad dressing. I added a whopping tablespoon of relish to the dish, salt and pepper, and used the electric beater to make the fillings creamy. A dash of red Paprika for color and into the empty, washed egg carton.

OYSTER DRESSING: 1 can of oysters, 1 can of Chinese Water Chestnuts, I can of Mushrooms, 1 stick of butter, and two boxes of stuffing mix. In general, follow the directions on the box(es) of stuffing. Use all the liquid from each can...I do. Pretty good even if most of it did come from cans.
BARBECUED LITTLE SMOKEY LINKS: Pretty easy. Add barbecue sauce to taste. I did add about 1/4 cup of honey. Let it marinate over night. Yum.
Where I will be tomorrow there will be wall to wall food. For that reason I did not fix a lot or in large quantities. No one will leave hungry.
A sad note...sort of. My small hand mixer burned out tonight. It started smelling and then smoking badly. I have had it for a lot of years so I can't complain. It went into the trash...I hate to throw anything away, but when I do you know it is done for.
RAIN: Yes, that is another ingredient in this year's Thanks Giving. It has rained over an inch in the past few days. We are to get more tomorrow evening, possibly a mixture of different moistures; rain, sleet and/or snow. As we need the rain we will not will it away.
*
Don't tell your friends
about your indigestion;
"How are you!"
is a greeting, not a question.
*
by Arthur Guiterman
*
I AM THE TRUE VINE,
AND MY FATHER
IS THE VINE-DRESSER.
EVERY BRANCH IN ME
THAT BEARS NO FRUIT
HE WILL TAKE AWAY;
AND EVERY BRANCH
THAT BEARS FRUIT
HE WILL CLEANSE,
THAT IT MAY BEAR
MORE FRUIT.
*
John 15, vs. 1 & 2
*
END







No comments: