Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Internet Explorer vs. Foxfire

No, I didn't post last night 'though I tried. I kept getting bumped off Internet Explorer, getting error messages or just couldn't get connected. I tried until midnight. I finally reverted to my alternate Foxfire web browser. I don't know why I didn't think to do that in the first place. Foxfire is a better, safer browser and easily down-loadable. It is faster, too, because not everyone and his brother and 5000,000.000 Facebook users are jamming it up. Don't tell them about it,either. Lets keep good browser a secret.

By pulling up my Foxfire I was finally able to check my e-mail and send some out. Today my Internet and Internet Explorer are back to(ab)normal. Blame it on politics!

I did get out to vote this afternoon. I won't say who I voted for as my ballet is a "secret ballet." As I filled in the little boxes I noticed that close to half the seats had no competition-no one was running in opposition of the present incumbents. There are NO WOMAN candidates running against the "Good Old Boys." A few women who did try to run locally, were put down very fast and a little bit on the prejudices side. I know this for a fact because I saw it. Sometimes KY. is a little backward about moving forward.

I am glad to see some of the Rats getting voted out of office, However, if you don't keep a lid on the garbage can...the Rats will be back. It is hard to eradicate all the vermin. There may be a few that hide in the walls and like all undesirable Rats...they will multiply. Politicians no longer serve the people...they serve themselves. It's all about money and power. I am glad it is over...for now

***

ONLY IN GOD IS MY SOUL AT REST;

FROM HIM COMES MY SALVATION

HE ONLY IS MY ROCK AND

MY SALVATION, MY STRONGHOLD;

I SHALL NOT BE DISTURBED AT ALL.

****

Psalm 61: 1-3

****

We could not lead a pleasant life

And t'would be finished soon

If peas were eaten with a knife

And gravy with the spoon

Eat slowly: only men in rags

And gluttons old in sin

Make themselves for carpet bags

And tumble victuals in.

*

SIR WALTER RALEIGH

*
END


No comments: