Friday, November 26, 2010

wind and rain

Look what the wind blew over.
I did say it was windy yesterday. Also, we broke a record: five inches of rain. We went most of the summer without rain and now we are getting it in buckets. It is supposed to rain on Monday and through part of the week. Let it come. I prefer lots of rain to lots of snow.
If you look at the bottom right side of the storm door above you will see a
dark area just below the glass. When I took a closer look, I discovered it was painted card/past board. We are becoming like the Chinese; shoddy workmanship and shoddy material. Or maybe the storm door was made in China...I don't know.
I just put lots of leftovers into the crock pot. Me..is making soup. "Waste not...want not." Who said that? Was it your new bf? Or Benjamin One Dollar...I don't remember.
It is cold. I turned up the heat a little and plugged in the oil filled heater. I looked at the weather map and it is colder here than in upstate NY.
I stayed in and finished off a book from the library. No more books to read for now. That is good; I need to do some cleaning and putting things away until the next holidays. Drag stuff out...put it back. The kitchen is too small for storage. You get what you get.
*
THE NIGHT IS FAR ADVANCED;
THE DAY IS AT HAND.
LET US THEREFORE
LAY ASIDE THE WORKS
OF DARKNESS,
AND PUT ON THE ARMOUR
OF LIGHT.
LET US WALK BECOMINGLY
AS IN THE LIGHT OF DAY.
*
Romans 13, vs. 12-13
*
A CHILD'S PRAYER
*
"O SWEET SHEPHERD
GENTLY LEAD ME,
LEST I FALL OR GO ASTRAY;
WITH THE BREAD;
OF HEAVEN FEED ME,
THAT I FAINT NOT
BY THE WAY."
*
by writer unknown
from STREAKS OF LIGHT
payer book of 1862
*
END

No comments: