Friday, November 12, 2010


"THIS DAY GOD MADE, A GREAT AND GLORIOUS DAY." I wish every day were like the day we just had; a beautiful day. I got out into the yard and went over it with the mower and bagger. Most of the leaves in the front are "swept up" and in a yard bag now. I took my pruner out and cut up some of the small limbs and branches and bagged them, too. The front yard looks much better. The bag is so full and heavy that it is still there 'though I will drag it out to the back tomorrow. If we were to have another fall day like the one we had today I would start on the back yard and get that done, also. I made the dust fly. We are still under a burn ban and the ground is so dry.

I hope to go to the store tomorrow and get a few "stocking up" items for the freezer and extra T. P. for the bathroom. I have a couple saving stamp cards that I want to use up.

The news says that the price of Turkey is up 30%. So, if you buy a 10 lb. turkey at say...30 extra cents on the dollar...at say...$1.00 a lb...you will pay through the beak...err...nose. You would be super-lucky to find Turkey for $1.00 a lb. The meat counter is place for heart attacks, strokes and fainting spells. Take your smelling salts to the store with you.

Lesson-Learned. Never fill out online surveys. Your phone will never stop ringing and you will never get the gift card or lap top computer that lures you in. Your phone will become an instrument of torture...all day long and into the evening.
*


I WANT TO BE AN ANGLE,
AND WITH THE ANGELS STAND,
A CROWN UPON MY FOREHEAD,
A HARP WITHIN MY HAND;
THERE, RIGHT BEFORE MY SAVIOR.
SO GLORIOUS AND BRIGHT.
I'D MAKE THE SWEETEST MUSIC.
AND PRAISE HIM DAY AND NIGHT.

*
partial poem
writer unknown
*

FOR TO HIS ANGELS
HE HAS GIVEN COMMAND
ABOUT YOU
THAT THEY GUARD YOU
IN ALL YOUR WAYS.

*
Psalm 90 vs. 11
*

END




No comments: