Monday, November 22, 2010

Food & thought


A pretty good roast.

The picture below is nothing special.
It just shows the sun
streaming in through the window
blinds in the late afternoon.



Yesterday-Sunday-I cooked a nice little Cornish Hen in the oven with potatoes, carrots and celery. Because I had some left-over rice, a little bit of Okra and a small piece of roast...I tossed all of that in the pan as well. I just didn't want to waste any food. Although it wasn't a stellar photo I did take a shot of the conglomeration. The dish tasted pretty good even if it didn't qualify for any photo awards. Something I learned yesterday; Aluminum pans don't really make the best roasters. I should have used my big cast iron pan and or my enamel roasting pan. It would have cooked in half the time. I just didn't want to bother with scrubbing out the pan later. Aluminum is good for some things, but not for everything.

It has been warm everywhere, but it won't last much longer. We have had rain and a lot of wind. The dog next door has tangled his leash and can't get in out of the wind and rain. I wonder if they even remember that they have a dog.

Tomorrow I hope to get out and get my hair cut. I am starting to look like poor ol' shaggy dawg next door. I hope I am more ambitious tomorrow than I have been today. I started a new book and that is my demise.

*

LOVE JUSTICE,
YOU WHO JUDGE
THE EARTH;
THINK OF THE LORD
IN GOODNESS,
AND SEEK HIM
IN INTEGRITY
OF THE HEART.
*
Wisdom, Ch. 1, vs.1
*

THE HOUR OF PRIME
gets us ready for labor
in God's vineyard.
END

No comments: