Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Easy Solutions

I'm always looking for easy ways to do stuff or a lazy way to get thing done. I have been "buttoning" up my house with just that in mind . I covered the air conditioner with a large, black garbage bag and Duct tape. It is easier than measuring, cutting and finding a way to keep the plastic in place; cheaper too. I use the $1.00 garbage bags from the Dollar Store/Everything for a Dollar Store. That gives me a large, double-sided piece of plastic that I don't have to waste time with, cutting, measuring, hope that it fits/do it over, and tack it up. Then, with my Handy Dandy Duct Tape, tape it in place. No one knows what I have used once I lower the blinds. In the spring time I can pull it off and throw it away. If it pulls away intact I get to use it over again for garbage or trash.


Today I have been cleaning another fan. The one I tackled today was a big, wire caged floor fan. This fan was harder to do and manipulate. I had to remove one side of the wire cage and clean the blades. The one side of the cage I couldn't get off, but I did a fairly good job of cleaning, nonetheless. I used an old paint brush to brush out as much dirt out of the motor as I could, then used the vacuum to suck out as much as possible. It is not a perfect job, but its a lot better/cleaner than it was before I started. I didn't get to clean this particular fan last year due to a faulty arm, so it had a lot of grime to be removed. You may say, "why bother," but things electrical and mechanical last a lot longer when they are clean and oiled-no crude in the motor and not excess dust/dirt circulating in the air. Ah-one more big fan to go, then into the back store room and out of the way.

APPLESAUCE COOKIES
1/2 cup softened butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup unsweetened Applesauce
2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup dark, seedless rains
1/2 cup chopped pecans
*
Cream butter, add sugar, cream again. Add applesauce, stir until blended.
Add sifted dry ingredients; mix well. Stir in raisins and pecans. Drop by teaspoons 1 inch apart on greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for about 10 minutes. Remove from sheet and cool on rack. YUM!
****
SHOUT JOYFULLY TO GOD;
ALL YOU ON EARTH.
SING PRAISE TO THE GLORY
OF HIS NAME;
PROCLAIM HIS GLORIOUS PRAISE.
****
Psalm 65-66 vs. 1-2
***
END

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Здравствуйте!
Админ. Хотелось бы поговорить насчёт рекламы в вашем блоге. Если вы согласны, отпишите ваши условия на e-mail. Благодарю.