Saturday, November 6, 2010

Everything is rigged

Lovely
I went shopping at the Big Lots store for what was supposed to be big bargains. They were "sold out" which is what they often claim. The items I wanted did not have a "limited amt." in the ad and they don't give out rain checks. I came out with some paper plates.

I went to the Family Dollar store and had better luck there. The have a whole shelf line where every thing is a dollar. I got some Instant Oatmeal, raisins, peanut butter, prunes, and a few other items, all for $11.00. Some of these items will got into my "prep" closet, in preparation for a hard/unpredictable winter.

The temperature went down to 23 degrees last night and broke a long time record of 24 degrees. I still think it is too cool for early Nove. I read that the Atlantic Ocean has reversed currants. That can't be good. That kind of reversal could and has brought about little and big ice ages in geological history. So get your "warmies and fluffies" out... just in case. I have an electric blanket somewhere...hmm.

I went by the library and the Good Will store again. Both places were packed with shoppers. I guess they haven't heard about the reversal of fortunes and that the recession/depression is over. Nancy Pol-bossy thinks she and Obama have saved the nation and all their manipulations were right for the country. Well, I don't know about that, Nancy, old girl! Now Obama is about to drain our our life blood just a little bit more. Mark my words...more jobs will go over to India.

Tomorrow I take the "day off."

Anyway, I don't know of anything exciting or interesting.

****


HOW LOVELY
IS YOUR DWELLING PLACE,
O LORD OF HOSTS!
MY SOUL YEARNS AND PINES
FOR THE COURTS OF THE LORD.
MY HEART AND MY FLESH
CRY OUT TO THE LIVING GOD.
EVEN THE SPARROW FINDS
A HOME AND THE SWALLOW
A NEST
IN WHICH SHE PUTS HER YOUNG-
YOUR ALTERS, O LORD OF HOST,
MY KING AND MY GOD!

*
Psalm 83(84) vs 2-5
*
Here, my Bible isn't sure if this is Psalm 83 or 84. I found this same question mark with the 23/24 Psalm. It really doesn't matter; it is the message-song-prayer that is relevant.

*
Good-night, good-night!
Parting is such sweet sorrow
that I shall say good-night
til it be the morrow.

*
by William Shakespeare

*
Remember when we had to read Hamlet by Shakespeare...in the 7th grade?

*
END












No comments: