Friday, November 19, 2010




I went shopping this afternoon at Wal-Mart, braving the crowds on a Friday. I found bread at $00.85 cents a loaf. I got two loaves and would have gotten more except I think I just about got the last loaf. I did see one more loaf, but it was way in the back of the bottom shelf. I also got celery for $00.84 cents a bunch and mushroom soup for $00.67 cents a can. And I finally found Barley so I got two boxes of Barely.
At the Sureway(Food Giant) I picked up 16 rolls of bathroom tissue for $5.98 and a Thrifty Savers card. These are price leaders at the stores; to get you in so you will buy more and things you may not need.

After I got home a gathered up some more Thrifty Savers Stamps and glued them to a card. It is always good to save a little money here and there and I want to get another package of TP. That would give me about 32 roll pulse the six that I have. That should last the Winter of Inflation.

Tomorrow I hope to go to another store and get some regular milk and some dry-powdered milk. Then I will be done...I think.

Gas is $2.67 and I hope it stays that price or continues to drop overnight. I need gas.

I generally listen to Glenn Beck, but have been disappointed in his show for the last couple days. He urges people to "stock up or prepare" for hard times, but falls short of giving out any pertinent information. So..I will try to help out by listing a couple blog sites that may be helpful to us poor peons.




The second-bottom site-is the best one for people on a budget. All you need to do is click on the blue address. If you like either one you can bookmark or add to your favorites list.
*

The one red leaf,
the last of its clan,
Hanging so light,
and hanging so high,
On the topmost twig
that looks up to the sky.

*
Samuel Taylor Coleridge

*

A GOOD NAME IS
MORE DESIRABLE
THAN GREAT RICHES,
AND HIGH ESTEEM,
THAN GOLD OR SILVER.
RICH AND POOR
HAVE A COMMON BOND:
THE LORD IS MAKER
OF THEM ALL.

*

Proverbs 22, vs.1-2

*
END
























































































4

No comments: