Thursday, November 4, 2010

Face ache

Yes, I have a"face ache." The moral of this story is find a dentist with smaller hands. I had the impression and a temporary filling done today. I am losing count on how many crowns I have now. I hope I don't need any more.

I don't have heat. The guy from the gas company couldn't get the furnace to lite. He thinks the thermo coupler is not working. The heat and cooling guy will come on Wednesday. What's a thermo-coupler, anyway? In the meantime I dug out a couple electric oil filled heaters-I am not freezing. I'm glad I hung on to those little heaters. If I have to, I can bring in my kerosene heater. However, with 3 little heaters and wearing my "warmies"-fleece top and bottoms, I will make out just fine.

Well, I need a new TV, a new computer and a good lottery number. I can live without any of them, but it makes life much more fun. I do have an older Dell tower that works, but it is a little slow. The TV had a funky power surge, thanks to the city, and only has about 3/4 of a picture, so I have to look at it sort of cross-eyed! It's a good thing I like to read!

****
POTATO CHEESE BAKE
1/2 SMALL ONION-
FINALLY CHOPPED,
3 EGGS, BEATEN
1/4 CUP MILK
3 CUPS SMASHED POTATOES-
SEASONED
2 CUPS CHEDDAR CHEESE-
COARSELY SHREDDED
*
Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Mix all ingredients. Pour into baking pan. Bake about 50 minutes or until the blade of a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve while hot/immediately. You may add chunks of ham, cooked, crumbled hamburger or cooked bacon as you prepare the mix. Should serve about six. In my case...it will only serve one...me! You can use already shredded cheese from the dairy deptpartment, if you don't want to shred the cheese yourself.
Most of us know that the PSALMS are biblical. They are the PSALTER, a collection of religious songs. The Psalms had an important place in the Temple. They were in existence from the beginning of of Israelite worship.
****
WE GIVE YOU THANKS, O GOD,
WE GIVE THANKS
AND INVOKE YOUR NAME;
WE DECLARE YOUR
WONDROUS DEEDS
****
Psalms 74-vs. 2
END

No comments: