Friday, November 5, 2010

In from the wind

I'm in for the day. There is a cold wind blowing and the sky is cloudy. The red line is sliding down on the thermo-jigger thing. It looks like snow. It is supposed to be down to 26 degrees tonight.

I went shopping this afternoon and bought another can of coffee for $2.99. I noticed that it was selling out fast and probably won't be there tomorrow. I got a jar of applesauce for $.99 cents. Another brand right beside it was priced at $1.79. Guess which one I bought. I never buy store pies, but I did today. It is a sweet potato pie. I put it into the freezer where I can't be easily tempted. Another loaf of bread for the freezer, also. The price of food, esp. meats is really going up with the space shuttle. I have spent about $39.00 this past weeks and that is about all I need to spend. The one thing I did not get is the spaghetti sauce for $1.00 a can. I might go and get some tomorrow if the sky doesn't fly with snow flurries.

Gas was down to $2.65 for a few days, but now is right back up to what it was before the elections, the day everyone got out and voted for one's favorite crook.

I have one electric heater in the bath room, one in the living room and one in this room. I have one more in storage that I may dig out, but they say it will be right back up into the 70's this coming week-then look out, thereafter. By then the furnace should be fixed. I am comfortable as I am, right now, without a sweater on.

I wanted something good to eat and was tempted to go to the Golden Corral. As money is getting tighter and it is being throttled off as a wrestler in a choke hold, I opted for cooking a pretty good meal. I cooked potatoes, carrots, celery, onions and a small roast in my QVC pressure cooker. I do love that thing. Anyway, the roast is about half gone now because I am a true carnivore. I need meat or I don't feel like I have had a meal. If the country goes to h**l in a hand basket, I would have to eat the dog next door: it barks too much, anyway. I could swallow it's bark...yum.

I went past the library and the parking was not attainable. I just kept on going. The same thing with the Good Will store; no room in the Inn. I suppose you have heard rumors and pronouncements, that the recession/depression was over as of 2009...really?..no one around here seems to have been notified. Hey Obama, you forgot to tell almost everyone!
****
WONDERFUL ARE YOUR DECREES;
THEREFORE I OBSERVE THEM
THE REVELATION OF YOUR WORDS
SHEDS LIGHT,
GIVING UNDERSTANDING
TO THE SIMPLE.
*
Psalm 129-130
*
They also serve who only stand and wait.
*
by John Milton
*
END

No comments: