Saturday, November 27, 2010

Can the can openers

These past few days made me realize that the can openers that I have are just not very serviceable. I have two electric can openers, too, and they are just about worthless, also. It is time to get a new tool that works. The two on the right side of the picture are without merit. The one on the left and simple looking, actually works...and was made in China. I bought it at the Dollar Tree for $1.00 some time ago. The metal finish on it was never right
and spotted, therefore, a second or a reject. So, they sold it to us Americans because they know we will buy their junk. For a $1.00 piece of junk it works a lot better than my expensive junk. I need to look for a new can opener; nothing last forever.


The crock pot of soup that I started last night has turned out pretty good. Today I added a few more veggies and tomatoes to the pot. It is simmering away and my whole house smells yummy; makes you want to holler, "um um good."


I have books to take to the library on Monday. I will add a few of my own books to the bag and they can sell them on their book table with all the other books they have taken out of circulation. The library makes a few cent off donated books and my house is a little neater(but not by much).

It has been a peaceful, restful day. Just the way I like it.

*

O GOD OF TRUTH,
O LORD OF LIGHT,
DISPOSING TIME
AND CHANGE ARIGHT,
WHO CLOTHES
THE SPLENDID
MORNING RAY
AND GIVE THE HEAT
AT NOON EACH DAY:
EXTINGUISH THOU
EACH SINFUL FIRE
AND BANISH EVERY
ILL DESIRE;
AND WHILE THOU
KEEPEST THE BODY WHOLE
SHED FORTH THY PEACE
UPON THE SOUL.

*

Part of a Hymn from a Prayer book.

*
The cup of blessing we bless
is it not the sharing
of the blood of Christ?
And the bread that we break
Is it not the partaking
of the body of the Lord?
Because the bread is One,
we, though many,
are one body,
all of us who partake
of the one bread.

*

1 Cor. 10, vs. 16-17

*

End




No comments: