Wednesday, November 10, 2010

NO LONGER THE LARGEST
BUT STILL IMPRESSIVE

Today was a hurry up and wait day, but the furnace is fixed and running. The guy found several problems. The tree next door was growing into the outside exhaust chimney cap and cutting off the draft. It also dislodged the brackets that held the chimney pipes in place and pulled them loose from the house. He had to take a saw and remove several limbs, and secure the pipes and brackets. He also cleaned the furnace and replaced the thermo- regulator. Now I have heat. He really went above and beyond his duty and job. I do appreciate it. He only charged $138.00 for all that work. I was expecting it to be a whole lot higher.

There were several errands I intended to do today, but didn't get any of them done. I did shred a lot of old mail while I was waiting for the furnace man to come. I really hate junk mail and all the coupons coming out are pretty much excess weight for the mail carrier to drag around. The ads for Wal-Mart were really a thick booklet for ...toys. That went into the shredder, too. And that was the pretty much how the day faded into evening.
*
HAPPY IS HE WHO HAS REGARD
FOR THE LOWLY AND THE POOR;
IN THE DAY OF MISFORTUNE
THE LORD WILL DELIVER HIM.
*
Psalm 40 vs.2
*
I had a book in hand today
I laid it down some where;
A book of hymns
and children's prayers,
a book from olden-years
I'll look for that book
another day
it's very, very old
I had that book in hand
this day
a priceless book of gold.
*
Yes, I mislaid a very old book that is over 150 years old. It's here somewhere....
END

No comments: