Saturday, November 20, 2010


EASY OYSTER DRESSING

*

1 BOX OF PREPARED STUFFING MIX
1 CAN OF OYSTERS
(KEEP THE LIQUID)
1 CUP OF BOILING WATER AND
THE LIQUID FROM THE
CANNED OYSTERS
1/2 STICK OF BUTTER
*

BRING THE LIQUIDS
TO A BOIL.
STIR IN CONTENTS
OF STUFFING MIX POUCH.
LET STAND FOR 5 MINUTES.
*


I like to add 1/2 cup of chopped onion, 1/2 cup of chopped celery, 1/2 cup of cooked rice. Add about another 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper, more butter and 1/2 teaspoon of poultry seasoning. You can use Oatmeal instead of rice or both. Remember that you are extending the recipe so you need to add extra liquid and another can of oysters. You need to be sure to taste the dressing to ensure it isn't too dry. You can stuff your poultry with the dressing or cook it to the side in the roasting pan. I like it both ways. It is all a matter of preference. 50% of Americans like their turkey stuffed.

I went back to the store and got another package of bathroom tissues with another Thrifty Savers Card. I now have 38 rolls of TP. That may sound like a lot, but the rolls are skimpy compared to what used to be available on the store shelves. I bought more $00.99 cent Applesauce, more boxed dressing, and a 10 lb. bag of potatoes. Some things I brought in and some things are still in the van.
A woman ahead of me bought over $100.00 worth of groceries and didn't want her stamps; the cashier gave them to me. I can fill up several more cards now.
Tomorrow, Sunday, I am staying home and taking the day off from shopping and frugality.
*
HOW LOVELY IS
YOUR DWELLING PLACE,
O LORD OF HOSTS!
MY SOUL YEARNS AND PINES
FOR THE COURTS OF THE LORD.
MY HEART AND MY FLESH
CRY OUT FOR THE LIVING LORD.
*
Psalm 83, vs.2-4
*
"THE HOUR OF COMPLINE
cast its aura of calm
and tranquility
over tired bodies.
The eye of God
watches over his beloved ones
and His angels
are present to guard."
*
from Catholic Breviary
*
END



No comments: