Wednesday, February 9, 2011

3 Degrees and Falling

Cold.  It is down to 3 degrees as I write and getting colder.  It has been snowing most of the day, very fine, dry snow, therefore not a lot of accumulation.  I didn't go out.  I have no books to read.  I got out my Ball Canning book and my Stocking Up book and flipped througth those for awhile.  I am getting tired of being stuck inside all the time.

It's a hot chocolate kind of day.  Bitter cold, confining and cabin fever kind of day.  So, I had a cup of hot chocolate with  marshmallows.  Not something I should have while trying to diet, but what the heck.

 The Mayans discovered  chocolate about 2.000 years ago and were pretty addicted to the drink by about 1400.  Then it was imported to Europe where it became popular.  It was prepared differently than what we are used to the drinking.  It was even used for medicinal purposes and for stomach distress.  Today the Europeans like their chocolatee a lot thicker than we do and a little more on the bitter side.

The phone has been quiet all day since I got a private number.  I am not hopping up and down to answer the phone all the time.  Peace is a treasure.

As there is not a lot going on and a whole lot to do, I will keep this short.

*
AND HE SAW THE SPIRIT OF GOD
COMING DOWN
IN THE FORM OF A DOVE
*
Matt. 3:16
*
HEAVENLY DOVE
*
SWEET HEVENLY SPIRIT
SWEET HEAVENLY DOVE
MAY YOUR ANNINTING SPIRIT
BRING PEACE FROM ABOVE
AND FOR THIS PEACE
WE PRAISE YOU
FOR GIVING US YOUR SON
NOW LET YOUR HOLY SPIRIT
DECEND ON EVERYONE
DECEND ON ME, I PRAY TODAY
AND FILL MY HEART WITH LOVE
FOR EVERLASTING JOY
AND STRENGTH
COMES ONLY FROM ABOVE
*
BY PAUL L CONKLIN
*
END



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Mabel,

I didn't write today because I took Frank to the VA in Danville, IL about an hour and a half east of here.

It was a long cold bitter day and when we finally got home I took a nap and so did Frank. We have another 6 weeks at least before we find out if this is an infection or cancer. I put it in the Father's hands.


We are finally suppose to start warming up and will make it to the mid to high 40s by next Wednesday. I really need the break from the cold. No snow here lately, but lots of bitter cold and lots of sunshine. So cold though nothing is melting.

Hope you have a good night and stay warm.

Love, Alice