Saturday, February 19, 2011

HIBERNATION

Just when I thought it was safe to come forth from hibernation, Mother Nature showed a bit of her fickle side...her backside.  While Friday was a day extraordinaire, today was par for the course of mid February.  It was in the 40's and eventually found it way up to about 52 with some rain to show up overnight.  I can deal with that as I know that we are working our way up the thermometer.

 I watched the new week-end weather man this eve.  He had a hard time of it, fumbling and losing his place and I heard papers probably hit the floor.  When he got through his first segment he took a really deep breath and a big swallow.  You could literly guess what he was thinking..."Thank God that is over."  When he came back on at the end of the newscast he did much better.  He might survive.  They always start the new guys out on the week-end.  They think no one watches much.  I did feel sorry for him, though.

I had turned most of my heat off, including my little oil heaters.  I did turn the furnace right back on again.  I know that I will be doing this off and on for a while.  But I try to save where I can.

Sunday is supposed to be a little warmer than this day was, so maybe I can get out and do the things I had planned to today.

It appears that people are moving in next door and that fellow is hardly out.  I am not sure what is going on there as they have been carrying boxes into the out building all afternoon.  They don't look like they are old enough to be renting, but who knows.  I have a fear that something unwanted may be "cooking" out there in short order.  It does have power and a way to heat.  Yes, I am being paranoid.  "Paranoia is heightened ," or so I have been told.
*
THEREFORE
I WILL LOOK
UNTO THE LORD;
WHO WILL HEAR ME.
*
Michia 7:7
*
END

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Greetings Mabel,

I am ready to go into hibernation only because my fibromyalagia is flared up so bad with the weather fluctuating. They are calling for snow here or rain the next couple of days. But the temps are up in the 40s and 50s so either they are going to have to drop a lot or it will be rain. Either way it makes the fibro hurt. :-(


I need to run out to Wal-Mart this morning but other than that, I will stay in and nurse my pain. I got a good deal on a pot roast the other day so I will fix that for dinner today and will have left overs the next day or two.

Hope you have a blessed day in the Lord!

Love, Alice