Wednesday, February 2, 2011

MISH-MASH SOUP

 Because I can my hardly open my mouth...let alone chew, I have been eating soup for several days.  This afternoon I made a mish-mash soup, using up some left-overs in the refrigerator.  I had some left-over tomato soup, added, diced onions, diced up boneless pork cutlets, a little instant potatoes, and a quarter brick of Munster cheese.  I let it simmer for a while while I did the dishes that I had  neglected for the past days.  Either it was really good or I was really hungry; perhaps both.  I did go back for a second cup of soup.

Don't answer the phone.  I have been getting phone calls saying that they needed information on "someone you know," but they can't "give out information" over the phone and to please call back a certain number they give out.  As I have a new number and no one has it, I know it is no one I "know."  Also, it is a recording and I have received several of the same recorded calls, word for word. I think it is called "slamming" and you wind up with a huge phone bill.  It is an old scam that has been around for years.  DON'T CALL BACK!
I have taken a lot of pain medicine these past few days.  I don't like it.  Anytime  put a foreign  chemical substance into your system you will have some type of reaction, be it good or be it bad.   Lortab makes me dizzy and doesn't help pain by much.  Darvocet, Tylenol, and Ibuprofen are making me semi-sick.  Old fashioned Aspirin seem to help me the most.   It is a reliable pain killer and anti-inflammatory agent, as well.  Some of the swelling in my face is going down...down into my neck, that is.  Now I look like I have a bad case of mumps as well as fat face.

I give up.  The computer is doing goofy things, over and over.  So...I quit.

END

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mabel,,, I am praying you get better soon. I am so sorry to hear you are going through this.

Some of those mish mash soups are the best.

Love ya, Alice