Friday, February 25, 2011

COLD AND DAMP

The cold has kept me in and accomplishing little to nothing.  I finished off my last book and now I have nothing to read, so it will be back to the library.

The rain we had last night left it's tragic calling card.  A horse and buggy with an Amish family tried to cross a flash flooded  creek and were swept away. Four children were carried away.  They found the last one today.  You can not see a flash flood in the dark or in a heavy rain.

I had to turn the heat back on:  I expect to do this off and on for a while until Mother Nature hitches up her britches and become a little more gracious about showing us her wares.  Winter isn't quite done with us yet.
*
REMEMBER YOUR CREATOR
IN THE DAYS OF YOUR YOUTH,
BEFORE THE EVIL DAYS COME
AND THE YEARS APPROACH
OF WHICH YOU WILL SAY,
I HAVE NO PLEASURE IN THEM;
BEFORE THE SUN IS DARKENED,
AND THE LIGHT, AND THE MOON,
AND THE STARS
WHILE THE CLOUDS RETURN
AFTER THE RAIN.
*
END

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Greetings Mabel,

The snow we had the night before all melted yesterday. We have a little bit of the white stuff that fell over night, but now are having a bit of freezing rain. It is certainly cold and damp here too.

I read about the Amish buggy going into the creek. I feel bad for the family and my prayers are going out to them.

Blessings, Alice