Thursday, February 24, 2011

HARD RAIN

The rain is coming down really hard.
The wind is blowing hard.
It's coming down in buckets.
There is a tornado watch  for here.
There is a tornado warning for south of here.
There is a flood warning up(I am high).
My roof is leaking in three different spots.
It is a fairly new roof.
What else is new.  Dang...dang...dang...or something equivalent.

The sirens went off around 8:30, but being a pragmatist, I just kept reading my book.  What will be, will be, including a bucket full of rainwater from a leaky roof.

I had planned on going to the Family Dollar Store to see what  would be cheap and stockable, but it will be a soggy day tomorrow and more rain is on the way.  I had pulled a chicken out of the freezer to thaw out and noticed that there was room for other foods.  I will stay home instead as I don't want to get wet.

I am about half way through my third book.  When I take the books back to the library I will also take a big PDR for their sales table.  I already took one in.  I will keep my last and most up to date PDR  just in case I cut my little finger or something and need to look up a medicine or something. 

Do you really know why they took Darvocet off the market?  The patent ran out.  In order to get a new patient they would have to re-formulate the chemicals of the pain killer and they have already done that...Darvon-Darvocet.  When the patients run out or the medicine can not be re-formulated, it becomes "cheap" and they can no longer make big bucks on the medication and it becomes open to produce by any Pharmaceutical Co.  Then you get graduated up to a stronger pill-like Lortab that can dominate the market for a while.  And you thought it was a bad pill...bad for business and the bottom line, me thinks.  Oh, how we get taken in by the Big Boys. Just my opinion. 

.
WHEN HANDS  ARE LAZY
THE RAFTERS SAG;
WHEN HANDS ARE SLACK
THE ROOF LEAKS.
BREAD AND OIL
CALL FORTH MERRIMENT,
AND WINE MAKES
THE LIVING GLAD,
BUT MONEY ANSWERS
FOR EVERYTHING.
*
Eccl. 12: 18-19

As luck would have it, I don't got no money, but I do got a leaky roof.  LOL!

 *
END

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Greetings Mabel!

Luckily we only got 2 inches of the 6-8 inches of snow that was predicted. I am staying in though. I have everything I need and a few things I don't need like this dadburn migraine that still won't go away.

I would think the person who put the roof on would have to come out and make repairs for free if it is relatively new. I hope so for your sake.

Hope you have a blessed day!
Alice