Monday, February 28, 2011

TORNADO ALLEY

Springtime is eminently upon us and so are the tornadoes that are conceived and birthed from the unstable atmospheres-the ups and downs, cold and dry, and the windy fluctuations that are common here.  The winds blow in from the prairies and all this area, the Ohio River Valley, West South..and even from where Alice lives, (Blame it on Alice!!) is known as TORNADO ALLEY.  Yes, this area did get hit with a few tornadoes.  All around, but not here.  Someday our luck will be strained, if not run out.

Something woke me up last night; I thought it was the doorbell, but it may have been the sirens going off-I don't know.  I got up and found my bucket and put it under the spot that I thought  might leak, but nothing...no leak.  I turned on the TV and all the alerts and information were up.  We didn't get anything here, but there was a touchdown in Owensboro, and also south and north of where I am.  I still don't know what woke me up, but I couldn't go back to sleep.

Locally, a couple were arrested for taping their two little ones to chairs for 10 hours and taping their mouths closed.  An off-duty detective that was working security for a apartment complex ,heard the father making threats to the little one as he walked by their door while checking the halls.  And they were wee little ones-like around two and four. And they had done the same thing to the kids the day before.   A nation is judged by how they treat their children and elderly.  Not doing so well, are we?
*
IN HIM YOU WILL FIND PEACE
----
WHEN THE SPIRIT IS HEAVY
AND BURDENED WITH CARE
BE NOT AFRAID AND
KNOW THAT HE'S THERE
GRANTING YOU STRENGTH
TO BEAR, WITH HIS GRACE
THE TRIALS AND PROBLEMS
THAT EACH OF US FACE
HIS LOVE WILL SUSTAIN YOU
.GIVING RELEASE
TO ALL ANXIOUS THOUGHTS
IN HIM, YOU'LL FIND PEACE
*
by Colette Fedor
*
I CAN DO EVERYTHING THROUGH
HIM WHO GIVES ME STRENGTH
*
Philippians 4: 13
*
END

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Greetings Mabel!!

I see how it is going to go, start blaming everything on poor Alice, LOL. I wish I had control of the weather, I would shorten winter and make it much more mild. But I do believe we still need some winter. To everything there is a season!!

I have errands to run today then down to the basement to work on my seeds and try to get them started now that I figured out the problem with the shop light I bought, LOL.

Hope you have a wonderful day. I will blow some of this sunshine your way, hahahaha!!

Love ya, Alice